- 1 tbsp Besan
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup Urad Dal
- 1 cup Raw Rice
- 2 tsp Fenugreek Seeds
- ½ tsp Sodium-Bicarbonate
- Wash rice, dal and methi seeds, and soak them in warm water for about 4 hours.
- Grind them together to form a smooth batter of semi-liquid consistency.
- Add besan to this batter and mix well. Allow the batter to ferment for at least 8 to 12 hours.
- Now before making the dosa, add salt and sodium bicarbonate to the batter and stir well.
- Heat up a flat griddle on high flame and once heated, lower the flame.
- Apply little oil to the heated pan and carefully pour a tbsp of dough over the pan. Immediately, spread it thin and evenly in a circular shape and turn the flame high.
- Allow it to get cooked on one side for a few minutes. Pour some cooking oil and roll it up when it gets nicely roasted.
- Paper Dosa is ready to eat. Serve hot immediately with chutney and sambhar.