Gingerbread Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 Egg
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 5 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 cup White Sugar
- 1/2 cup Molasses
- 1-1/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1-1/4 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Ground Allspice
- 1/2 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Hot Milk
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 ounces Cream Cheese (softened)
- 2/3 cup Confectioners' Sugar (sifted)
- 1/4 tsp Lemon Extract
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees C and butter a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Beat butter and white sugar; then add molasses, egg and egg yolk, and stir well. Kept it aside
- Sieve together the flour, cocoa powder, ginger, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg and salt. Keep it aside.
- Dissolve the baking soda in the hot milk. Mix flour mixture and butter mixture well, and then add hot milk mixture. Pour this batter evenly into the prepared tin.
- Bake the batter for about 20 minutes or till it becomes slightly spongy to the touch. Allow the cakes to cool.
- To Make Frosting, beat 2 tablespoons of butter and cream cheese together. Add confectioners' sugar and beat until fluffy. Now add lemon extract and beat again.
- When the cupcakes are cool, frost the tops with the frosting.
- Gingerbread Cupcakes are ready to serve.