- 6 Potatoes (peeled, cubed)
- 2 tbsp Coriander Leaves (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 tbsp Khuskhus (roasted)
- 3 Green Chilies
- 3 Dry Red Chilies
- 1/2 cup Water
- Salt to Taste
- 3 tbsp Oil
- Grind the roasted khuskhsu along with green chillies and a few tbsps of water to make very fine paste.
- Heat half of the oil in a pan for 2 minute, or until hot.
- Shallow fry the potatoes in batches on medium heat until they turn light brown. Collect the fried potatoes in a bowl.
- Heat the remaining oil in the same pan. Add dry red chillies and turmeric powder to it.
- Now add khuskhus paste and fry again on low heat up for 5 minutes, or till the oil leaves the sides of the pan.
- Put fried potatoes, water and salt in this paste and mix well. Cover and let the sabzi cook over low flame for 15 minutes, or till the potatoes get soft.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves. Khuskhus Aloo is ready to serve.