- 1 cup Oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 4 tbsp Cream
- 1 tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 3 Tomatoes (pureed)
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 12 Medium-Sized Potatoes (peeled)
- 1/2 cup Coriander Leaves (chopped)
- 1/2 cup Almonds and Pistachios (coarsely ground)
- Bore a hole into each potato and stuff it with nuts mixed with salt and a few coriander leaves. Cover the potato with its taken-out piece.
- Heat the oil and fry 2 to 3 potatoes at a time till they turn brown. Remove potatoes from the oil and keep them aside.
- Put cumin seeds in the same oil until they pop; then add all the powdered spices and tomato, and fry until oil separates from the paste.
- Now add potatoes and 1-1/2 cup of hot water to the above-made gravy.
- Add cream, salt and sugar, and simmer until potatoes are cooked and the gravy is well blended.
- Aloo Mewawale is ready to serve.