|Calories Per Serving:
- 200 gms Paneer
- 1 cup cooked Green Peas
- 1 Onion
- 1 Tomato
- 1/2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tbsp Poppy Seeds
- 1 tsp Roasted cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1 tsp Ginger-garlic Paste
- 1 Green Chilli
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 3-4 Cloves
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- Vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- Green Coriander Leaves (chopped)
- Heat vegetable oil in a pan.
- Cut the paneer into small sized cubes.
- Fry them on medium flame until they turn light brown. Occasionally turn the cubes while frying. Take them out.
- Chop the tomato, onions, and green chilli.
- Make a paste by grinding it in a grinder.
- Now fry this paste for 8-10 minutes. Add ginger-garlic paste and mix well.
- Heat rest of the oil and fry bay leaves along with cloves for about 30 secs.
- Add the prepared paste and fry on a medium flame until it turns golden brown.
- Add poppy seeds, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala, black pepper powder, coriander powder and salt. Mix them well.
- Now add green peas and fry for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add sufficient water to make thick gravy. Heat the gravy till it boils.
- Add paneer cubes. Stir the mixture properly and cook on a medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Garnish the dish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Matar Paneer is ready to serve.