- 1 cup Sabut Urad Dal
- 7-8 twigs Coriander Leaves (chopped)
- 9-10 pods Garlic (chopped)
- 3'-4' piece Ginger (chopped)
- 10 Tomatoes (chopped)
- 4-5 Onions (chopped)
- 2 Green Chilies (slit)
- 1/2 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 2 tsp Dhaniya Powder
- 1tsp Cumin Seeds
- 8 cups Water
- Oil for tadka
- Soak the dal over night or atleast for 2 hours.
- Now pressure cook dal along with water, salt, garlic, ginger, tomatoes and onions until cooked.
- Heat oil or ghee in a pan and add cumin seeds, green chilies, and other spices to it.
- Now add the dal to the above and simmer for about 10-15 minutes. Add water if required.
- Garnish the dal with coriander leaves.
- Kali Dal is ready to savor. Serve hot with rice, naan or chapattis.