- 1 Jackfruit (medium sized)
- 1 Small Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp Ginger- Garlic Paste
- 1/2 Cup Tomato Puree
- 1 Small Stick of Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seed Powder
- 1/3 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1/3 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 Green Cardamom
- 3-4 twigs Coriander Leaves
- 2 Green Chilies
- 1 Red Chili
- 1-2 Cloves
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- Wash and peel the jackfruit, and chop it into small pieces.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan and add cumin seeds, bay leaf, red and green chilies to it. Let them splutter.
- Add cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, and onions to the above and saute.
- When the onions appear translucent, add garlic-ginger paste and saute for a couple of minutes.
- Now add the tomato puree and let it cook on medium heat with closed lid for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the coriander, cumin, chili powder and turmeric powder to the above. Let it cook till everything mix well.
- Now add jackfruit pieces and mix them well with the mixture.
- Add salt and 1/2 cup of water and let the dish cook on medium heat for 8-10 minutes, or till the jackfruit is cooked and the water gets reduced.
- Add the garam masala to the dish. Let it cook for another minute and then turn off the flame.
- Garnish the dish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Enchorer Dalna is ready to savor. Serve hot with rice.