- 2 cups Maida
- 1/4 cup Rice Flour
- 2 tbsp Rice Flour
- 1/2 tsp Omam Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/5 tsp Asafoetida
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- Salt to taste
- Oil to deep fry
- Mix maida and rice flour in a bowl. Add salt, omam seeds, 2 tbsp oil, asafoetida and turmeric to the mixture and mix well.
- Now add water to the above mixture and knead to make pliable dough.
- Take out a small lump from the dough, give the shape of a ball and then roll into a large chapatti using dry flour.
- Apply ghee on the top of the chapatti with back of a spoon. Sprinkle some rice flour all over the chapatti and then roll it into a tight swiss roll. Cut it into 3/4" to 1" thick slices.
- Take one slice and roll over it lightly once or twice to flatten it and then dry it by placing on a clean cloth.
- Repeat the above process till the dough is over.
- Heat the oil in a heavy-bottomed pan. Now fry the pudis on medium to low flame till the puris turn light brown.
- Khadi Pudi is ready to savor. Serve with chutney.