- 4 cups Yellow Squash
- 1/2 cup Onion (chopped)
- 35 buttery, round & crushed Crackers
- 1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Ground Black Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Butter (melted)
- 2 beaten Eggs
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 1 tsp Salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place squash and onion in a large skillet over medium heat. Pour in a small amount of water, cover and cook until squash is tender. Drain well, and place in a large bowl.
- Mix together cracker crumbs and cheese in a bowl. Stir half of the cracker mixture into the cooked squash and onions.
- Mix together eggs and milk in a separate bowl, then add to squash mixture. Stir in 1/4 cup melted butter, and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread into a 9x13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cracker mixture, and dot with 2 tablespoons butter.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until lightly browned.