Sugar Cookie Cutouts
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup White Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 cup Softened Butter
- 3-3/4 cups All-purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 cup Colored Sugar (for decoration)
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a medium bowl. Stir in the eggs and vanilla.
- Sift together the flour and baking powder, stir into the creamed mixture alternately with the heavy cream. Cover dough and chill for 2 to 3 hours, until it turns firm.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and grease the cookie sheets.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut into desired shapes with cookie cutters.
- Now place the cookies 1 inch apart on the prepared cookie sheets. Sprinkle with colored sugar if desired.
- Bake the cookies for 12-14 minutes in the preheated oven, until bottoms and edges of cookies become light brown.
- Then remove the cookies from baking sheet and let then cool on wire racks.
- Store the cookies in an airtight container.