- 750 gm Paneer (Cottage Cheese)
- 500 gm Ghee
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 litre Water
- 1/4 tsp Black Cardamom Powder (optional)
- 10-20 drops Rose Essence (optional)
- Firstly, cut paneer into very small pieces.
- Then heat ghee in a heavy bottomed vessel and fry the paneer till light golden in color. Take the pieces out of the vessel and put off the flame.
- Now make thin sugar syrup by mixing sugar and water in another vessel. Cook until the mixture thickens.
- Add cardamom powder, or rose essence, to the sugar syrup and put off the flame.
- Immerse paneer pieces in the syrup. Mix well so that all the paneer pieces get properly coated with sugar. Allow it to cool.
- Chena Murki is ready.