Blueberry Corn Muffins
- 1 cup Blueberries
- 1-1/3 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Cornmeal
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 Egg Whites
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 2 tbsp Apple Sauce
- 1 cup Skim Milk
- 1 tbsp Skim Milk
- 1 cup Confectioners' Sugar
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest (grated)
- Preheat oven to 375 Degree Celsius.
- Grease and flour a cupcake pan and toss the blueberries with flour.
- Mix together remaining flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt in a blender.
- On medium-high speed, beat the 2 egg whites to stiff peaks.
- Beat in the extra egg and apple sauce. Alternately beat in flour mixture and 1 cup milk. Fold in blueberries.
- Put the mixture among the cupcake pan. Bake for 25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let the pan cool for 10 minutes. Remove muffins from the pan and put them on a cooling rack.
- For the topping, mix sugar, milk and lemon zest, and sprinkle completely over cooled muffins.
- Blueberry Corn Muffins are ready to serve.