- 200 gms Coconut (grated)
- 450 gms Khoya
- 2-1/2 cup Sugar/Date Palm Jaggery
- 150 gms Flour
- 5-6 cup Water
- 40 gms Ghee
- 1/8 tsp Sodium Bicarbonate
- First make sugar syrup by heating 2 cups sugar with 4 cups of water in a heavy bottomed vessel. Simmer until syrup gets a medium thick consistency. Remove from the flame and allow it to cool.
- To prepare filling, fry the coconut, khoya and 2 tbsp of sugar together in a pan over medium flame. Stir continuously to avoid the filling getting stuck at the bottom of the pan. Turn off the flame.
- To make cakes, divide the coconut-khoya mixture into equal portions. Roll them into balls and flatten between the palms to form the cakes. Powder palms with flour for ease in forming the cakes.
- Now make the batter by mixing flour, remaining water, sodium bi carbonate and a little ghee together.
- Heat ghee in a pan and coat coconut-milk cakes in the prepared batter.
- Deep fry until a rich golden brown color. Remove cakes from the pan with slotted spoon.
- Drain excess oil on paper and while still hot, immerse the cakes in the sugar syrup.