- 1 slice White Bread (soaked in a little water)
- 2 tbsp Parsley (finely chopped)
- 1 Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 clove Garlic (crushed)
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 225gms Chickpeas
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- First soak the chick peas overnight.
- Then drain the water and pour plenty of fresh water and cook for 1 - 1/2 hours until tender.
- Pound or blend the chick peas to a puree.
- Squeeze out the bread and add to the chick peas together with the rest of the ingredients. Knead well for a few minutes.
- Let the mixture rest for 1-2 hours, and then roll between the palms into firm 1'' balls.
- Heat oil in a deep bottomed vessel and fry the balls, a few at a time, until nicely brown all over.
- Drain and serve hot with lemon wedges.