Chocolate Orange Cupcake
- For Cupcakes:
- 1-1/2 cups Cake Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup Orange Juice
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 tsp Orange Zest
- For Chocolate Butter cream:
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1/3 cup Cocoa Powder
- 2 cups Confectioner's Sugar
- 3 tbsp of Whipping Cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit. Line the muffin cups with paper liners.
- Sift together cake flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cocoa powder, set aside.
- Beat the eggs, sugar and oil until the sugar is well blended. Now beat in orange juice, vanilla extract and orange zest until well combined.
- Gradually beat in the dry ingredients until the batter is evenly mixed.
- Fill the muffin cups 3/4 full with batter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted at center comes out clean.
- Transfer the cupcakes to wire racks and cool completely.
- Now beat butter in a blender on high speed until soft.
- Add cocoa powder and half the sugar and beat until blended well.
- Now add the remaining sugar along with 1 tbsp of cream and beat until well blended.
- Add the remaining cream and beat on high for 3-4 minutes.
- Frost the cupcakes with the butter cream.
- Decorate with an edible flower or a piece of fresh orange and serve.