- 1/4 cup Rice Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 medium Sweet Onion
- 230 gm Firm Dried Rice Noodles
- 1/4 cup Fresh Lime Juice
- 2 tsp Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 tsp Dried Red Pepper (crushed)
- 1/3 cup fresh mint (chopped)
- 1/3 cup Fresh Cilantro (chopped)
- 1 large Cucumber (peeled, seeded and thinly sliced)
- 4 Green Onions (thinly sliced)
- 3 Plum Tomatoes (seeded and chopped)
- 2 tbsp lightly salted Cocktail Peanuts (slightly crushed)
- Take a medium bowl and whisk rice vinegar and sugar in it to blend perfectly.
- Add onion rings and toss to coat it completely. Now cover the bowl and keep it aside for at least 30 minutes.
- Drain the water reserving 2 tbsp of vinegar mixture.
- Cook noodles in boiling water about 2 minutes until tender. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Whisk lime juice, oil and crushed pepper in small bowl to blend. Add mint and cilantro and stir.
- Now cut noodles into 3-4 inch sections and put 1/4 of them into the bowl with the reserved vinegar mixture.
- Toss remaining noodles with the lime juice mixture. Mix noodles together with all remaining ingredients, except peanuts.
- Sprinkle peanuts over the top and serve immediately.