- 3 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Unsalted Butter
- 3/4 cup White Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3-1/4 cups Pastry Flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Instant Espresso Powder
- 2 tsp Grated Orange Zest
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup Dried Apricots
- 1/2 cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/2 cup Slivered Almonds
- 1 Egg White, Lightly Beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a cookie sheet with a little butter.
- Whisk together butter and sugar in a bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Sift together the flour, cinnamon, and baking powder in a separate bowl.
- Mix dry ingredients into the egg mixture. Stir in the espresso powder, orange zest, chocolate chips, dried apricots, dried cranberries and almonds.
- Shape dough into two equal logs approximately 12 inches long by 2 inches diameter.
- Place logs on baking sheet, and flatten out to about 1 inch thickness. Brush the log with egg wash.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges are golden and the center is firm, about 35 to 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool, and then slice the loaves diagonally into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Return the slices to the baking sheet and again bake them to 325 degrees F until they start turning light brown.
- Cool completely, and store Espresso Biscotti in an airtight container at room temperature.