Apple and Carrot Christmas Pudding
- 4 Carrots (peeled and grated)
- 2 Apples (peeled, cored, and grated)
- 1 cup Raisins (optional)
- 1 cup Fine Bread Crumbs
- 1-1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Ground Allspice
- 1/2 cup White Sugar
- 2/3 cup Butter
- 1 tsp Salt
- 4 Eggs
- Combine the carrots, apples, raisins, and bread crumbs in a bowl.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and allspice in a separate small bowl.
- Cream together the butter, sugar, and eggs in a separate large bowl; stir in the flour mixture. Add the carrot mixture and mix well.
- Transfer mixture to a lightly-greased, 2-quart mold.
- Place a steamer rack in the bottom of a large, deep pot.
- Set the filled mold on top of the steamer rack and pour enough water into the bottom of the pot to cover the bottom 2/3 of the mold.
- Bring it to boil over medium heat and then simmer for 2 hours 45 minutes, adding water occasionally to maintain the water level.
- After the given time period, remove from water and allow to cool 10 minutes before turning out of mold onto a plate.
- Apple and Carrot Christmas Pudding is ready to savor.