Christmas Plum Pudding
- 1/2 cup Ale
- 1/3 cup Raisins
- 3 eggs (beaten)
- 1-1/2 tsp Mixed Spice
- 3/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 3/8 cup Dried Currants
- 1 small Carrot (grated)
- 3/8 cup Golden Raisins
- 1/8 cup Ground Almonds
- 115 gms Shredded Suet
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Walnuts (chopped)
- 1 Lemon (juiced and jested)
- 4 Plums (pitted and chopped)
- 2-1/2 cups Fresh Bread Crumbs
- 3/8 cup Candied Cherries (halved)
- 1 Apple (peeled, cored and shredded)
- 1/2 cup Almonds (blanched, chopped)
- 115 gm Candied Mixed Fruit Peel (chopped)
- 50 gms Preserved Stem Ginger In Syrup (chopped)
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients and stir thoroughly.
- Grease 2 large or 4 small pudding basins and fill them with pudding mixture.
- Cover tightly with greased waxed paper, then foil; secure with string.
- Steam pudding over medium-low heat in boiling water.
- Let the pudding cool completely, and then replace covers with fresh waxed paper and foil.
- Store in a cool, dry place, basting from time to time with rum or brandy, for up to 3 months.
- Before serving, reheat the pudding by steaming 2 to 3 hours.
- Christmas Plum Pudding is ready to savor.