Chocolate Pound Cake
|Calories Per Serving:
- 1/4 cup Process Cocoa
- 2-1/4 cups Cake Flour
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 3 Egg Whites
- 1 tsp Powdered Sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 3/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 8 Ounces Low-Fat Yogurt
- 1/4 cup Margarine
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Prune Puree
- Grease the sides and bottom of a loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle one teaspoon flour and leave aside.
- Blend prunes puree with margarine in a bowl. Add sugar and beat properly.
- Add egg whites in the above and beat again for 5 minutes until blended. Now add vanilla.
- Mix together the remaining flour, soda, cocoa and salt in a separate bowl.
- Add it to the prune puree blend alternatively with yoghurt.
- Pour this mixture into the greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F.
- Allow to cool and chocolate pound cake is ready.