Leek and Walnut Fritters
- 1/2 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Large Eggs (beaten to blend)
- 1-1/2 cups Chopped Walnuts
- 1/4 cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- Lemon Wedges for garnish
- 12 cups Chopped Leeks
- Vegetable Oil (for frying)
- 3/4 cup Bread Crumbs
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- Cook leeks in large saucepan of boiling salted water until just tender. Drain the water and allow it to cool.
- Wrap leeks in kitchen towels and squeeze out all liquid.
- Place leeks in processor and blend to a coarse paste.
- Transfer the leek paste to large bowl and add breadcrumbs, eggs, lemon juice, baking powder, salt, and pepper; blend well. Add walnuts too.
- Shape leek-walnut mixture into 1/2-inch-thick patty and place them on plastic-lined baking sheet, refrigerate.
- Pour oil into a large saucepan and heat it over medium flame. Fry the patties until golden brown.
- Place the fritters on kitchen towel to drain off excess oil.
- Garnish Leek and Walnut Fritters with lemon wedges and serve immediately.