Walnut Pear Salad
- Handful of fresh walnut halves (roughly crushed)
- Small block of fresh Parmesan (Cheese)
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp Grain Mustard
- 2 Ripe Juicy Pears
- 6 tbsp Walnut Oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 Lemon
- Take the pears and peel them.
- Now core the pears and smear them with a little lemon juice.
- Now for dressing the salad, mix vinegar and a good pinch of salt in a jar and shake until the salt has dissolved.
- Add grain mustard and walnut oil and shake to blend well.
- Now slice the pears lengthwise into thin segments and place them rustically on serving plates.
- Sprinkle the walnuts. Drizzle with the vinaigrette.
- Using a potato peeler, shave the parmesan over the salad, then 'dust' with a little ground black pepper.