- 1.5 kg Fresh Beef Brisket (a cut of meat from the breast or lower chest)
- 50 gm Regular Onion Soup Mix
- 3 Medium Carrots (chopped)
- 500 gm Tomatoes (cut up)
- 1 tsp Dried Basil (crushed)
- 3 stalks Celery (chopped)
- 1/4 tsp Seasoned Pepper
- 1 tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- 3 Onions (chopped)
- 1/2 cup Port Wine
- Salt as per taste
- 2 Bay Leaves
- Trim excess fat from the beef brisket and sprinkle seasoned pepper and salt. Set aside.
- Place flour in a large oven cooking bag, add brisket and set it in a roasting pan.
- Mix carrots, celery, onions, tomatoes, wine, soup mix, basil, and bay leaves in a bowl till it mix wells.
- Pour the above mixture atop brisket. Close bag.
- Roast in a 325 degree F oven for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until tender.
- Remove bay leaves. Slice meat across the grain into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- Skim fat from pan juices and serve hot.