- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 Sheet of Matzo
- 1 tsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 Egg
- Break the matzo into small pieces in a bowl. Add hot water so as to immerse the pieces and then cover the bowl for a minute. Squeeze out the water.
- Beat the egg in a small bowl and add salt, pepper and matzo to it. Mix well.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan on medium flame. Now pour the mixture into the pan and swirl it so that the mixture evenly spreads.
- Cook until one side is brown then turn over and cook for a while and turn off the flame.
- Transfer the Matzo Brei to a plate; sprinkle the top with powdered sugar.
- Matzo Brei is ready. Serve hot.