Chocolate Prune Torte
- 250 gm Bittersweet Chocolate (ground fine in food processor)
- 1-1/2 cups Walnuts (toasted and chopped)
- Cake crumbs to sprinkle cake pan
- 1 -1/4 cups Prunes (chopped)
- 6 large Egg Whites
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 pinch Salt
- Line the bottom of a greased 10" spring form pan with wax paper.
- Grease the paper and sprinkle the pan with cake crumbs, shaking out the excess.
- Now beat the egg whites in a large bowl with an electric mixer. Add salt, sugar and mix until the whites hold stiff glossy peaks.
- Add in the walnuts, prunes and bittersweet chocolate in the mixture gently.
- Pour the mixture into the greased pan, smoothing the top evenly, and bake for 45 minutes in an oven preheated at 350 degrees F.
- Let the torte cool in the pan on a rack.
- Run a thin knife around the edge of the pan and remove the side.
- Invert the torte onto a cake plate, discarding the wax paper.
- Cover and chill the torte for 1 hour and serve afterwards.