- 1 cup Vegetable Oil (for frying)
- 1/2 cup Matzo Meal
- 3/4 cup Cold Water
- 1 cup White Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 Eggs
- In a large bowl, put the eggs, water and salt. Whisk together.
- Add the matzo meal and whisk until smooth. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large heavy skillet over medium flame.
- When the oil gets hot, drop rounded teaspoonfuls of batter carefully onto it.
- Cook until the Bunuelos turn golden brown on both sides.
- Take them out and drain the excess oil on paper towels.
- Finally toss in sugar while still warm and serve.