- 3 cups Blanched Slivered Almonds
- 1-1/2 cups White Sugar
- 1 tsp Almond Extract
- 3 Egg Whites
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F and line the baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, grind the almonds and then add the sugar; grind again for 15 seconds.
- Finally, add egg whites and almond extract, continue to grind until a smooth dough forms around the blade.
- Take out the dough and cut out cookies from it. Place the cookies onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes till they turn golden.
- Allow cookies to cool completely on the paper before removing.
- Amaretti is ready to serve. Store in a dry place.