- 1/2 cup Walnuts/ Almonds (finely chopped)
- 450 gm Dates (pitted, chopped)
- 8 tbsp Wine (sweet, optional)
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon (grounded)
- 1-1/2 cups Hot Water
- Take a medium sized vessel, pour hot water and put the dates into it. Soak for 1 hour.
- Put the vessel on high flame and bring the water to a boil, stirring continuously.
- Now cover it and keep it for 30-60 minutes on low flame. Turn off the flame after desired time period.
- Make a puree of the paste by blending it into a food processor.
- Let the date paste cool to room temperature.
- Stir in the desired amounts of wine and cinnamon, add nuts and refrigerate it.