- 1 tbsp Fresh Green Onions (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp Fresh Garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp Fresh Ginger (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp Dried Red Chili Pepper Flakes
- 450 gm Napa Cabbage (chopped)
- 1-1/2 to 2 tsp Sugar
- 4 cups Cold Water
- 3 tbsp Sea Salt
- Wash cabbage leaves under running water.
- Sprinkle 2 tbsp of sea salt evenly on cabbage leaves.
- Place salted cabbage leaves in a large bowl. Add 4 cups of cold water, cover with plastic wrap, and place in refrigerator overnight.
- Next day, pour off water and thoroughly rinse cabbage leaves.
- Now place cabbage in a sealable container.
- Add green onions, finely chopped garlic and ginger to the cabbage leaves.
- Now add chilli flakes and sugar to the leaves and mix well.
- Finally put the container aside for 3-4 days in a cool place, or refrigerate it.
- Kimchi is ready to be served.