- 1 large Onion (cut into 1/4 inch slices)
- 3/4 cup Dry Bread Crumbs
- 1 1/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Milk
- Seasoned Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- Heat the oil in a deep pan.
- Separate the onion slices into rings, and set aside.
- Take a small bowl; stir together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Dip the onion rings into the flour mixture until they are all coated; set aside.
- Whisk the egg and milk into the flour mixture using a fork.
- Dip the floured rings into the batter to coat, then place on a wire rack to drain until the batter stops dripping.
- Spread the bread crumbs out on a plate or shallow dish.
- Place rings one at a time into the crumbs, and scoop the crumbs up over the ring to coat.
- Deep fry the rings until golden brown. Drain excess oil on paper towels.
- Season with seasoning salt, and serve.