- 500 gms Very Fresh Fish (such as tuna, salmon or trout)
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Daikon Raddish
- Use a very sharp, flat-bladed knife to remove any skin from the fish.
- Place the fish in the freezer and chill it until it is just firm enough to be cut thinly and evenly into slices, about 5 mm in width.
- Try to make each cut one motion in one direction, taking care not to saw the fish.
- Use a zester to scrape the carrot and daikon into long fine strips or cut them into fine julienne strips.
- Arrange the fish pieces on a platter.
- Garnish with the carrot and daikon raddish.
- Sashimi is ready. Serve with the soy sauce and wasabi.