- 1 kg Rice
- 500 ml Milk
- 100 gm Ghee
- 250 gm Wheat Flour
- Cardamom, Clove (optional)
- 200 gm Sugar (granulated)
- Wash and soak rice overnight, drain excess water and grind into a fine paste.
- Then add butter, granulated sugar and some spices if desired into the rice paste. Add milk and water occasionally to make a batter and allow it to ferment at room temperature.
- Heat oil in a pan and pour the not too thick batter as continuous ring onto hot edible oil till they become gold brown.
- Sel Roti is served as confectionery bread with pickles or mutton curry.