- ½ tsp Cumin Powder (roasted)
- 1 tbsp Onions (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Coconut (grated)
- 1 tsp Garlic (crushed)
- 1 Beetroot (grated)
- Chilly Powder to taste
- 1/4 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 4-5 Curry Leaves
- 1 cup Yogurt
- 1 tsp Oil
- Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds. Allow them to splutter.
- Now add the chopped onions and fry them.
- Add curry leaves, garlic paste and sauté till the mixture changes its color.
- Now lower the flame, add chilly powder, grated coconut and fry for a minute.
- Add the grated beetroot and salt and let it cook for about two minutes.
- Lastly add yogurt and roasted cumin powder just before serving. Blend well.
- Beetroot Raita is ready to serve.