- 1 kg Fresh amlas
- 4 gms Citric acid
- 1 1/4 kg Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Alum
- Wash amlas properly and perforate all over it with a fork.
- Take 2 litres water and dissolve alum in it. Put amlas in this water.
- Soak them for a day.
- Wash the amlas with alum water.
- Drop amlas in boiling water. Boil for 2 minutes. Remove and leave aside.
- Make sugar syrup with 3/4 litre water.
- Soak the cooked amlas in the sugar syrup for 24 hrs.
- Take out amlas from syrup.
- Boil the sugar syrup to restore its original consistency.
- Add citric acid and strain the syrup.
- Return amlas in syrup. Keep for 24 hours.
- Repeat the process for 4 days.
- Preserve the murabba in a tight jar.