- 1 cup Black Lentils With Skin (urad dal)
- ½ cup Bengal Gram (chana dal)
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 2 Whole Red Chillies
- 2 Cloves
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- ¼ tsp Turmeric (haldi) Powder
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 2 tsp Garlic-Ginger Paste
- 2 Green Chillies (finely chopped)
- 2 tsp Fresh Coriander and Ginger (finely chopped)
- Salt to taste
- Mix both the dals together and wash them properly.
- Now pressure cook the dal by adding salt, haldi powder, salt and 3 cups of water.
- Cook the dal until properly done (4-5 whistles)
- Heat ghee in a separate pan.
- Add cloves, cinnamon, red chillies and chopped onions into the hot ghee.
- Saute till the onions turn golden brown.
- Now add chopped green chillies, chilli powder and ginger -garlic paste and sauté for a while.
- Add the already boiled dal into it and allow it to boil for 4-5 minutes.
- Garnish the dal with chopped fresh ginger and coriander.
- Enjoy the spicy dal with hot rotis.