Date and Sesame Puranpoli
- ¾ cups Dates (finely chopped)
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp Til (sesame seeds)
- 6 tbsp Milk
- 2 cups Wheat Flour
- Heat a tawa and put the sesame seeds on it. Saute them till they are lightly browned.
- Keep them aside and allow them to cool.
- Now grind the roasted sesame seeds, chopped dates, and brown sugar to make the filling mixture.
- In a separate bowl, add wheat flour and milk. Knead it to soft dough by using enough water.
- Take a small portion of this dough and make a round ball.
- Now roll it out into a small puri.
- Place a little of the filling mixture in the centre of the puri and seal by bringing all the sides together.
- Now roll it again carefully giving it a round shape.
- Repeat the same procedure with rest of the dough.
- Now cook the rotis with ghee on a non-stick pan.
- The rotis are done when both the sides turn brown.
- Date and Sesame Puran Poli is ready to serve.