- 2 cups Besan (Bengal gram flour)
- 1-1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 cup grated Khoya (mava)
- 1 cup Ghee
- 1 tsp Elaichi Powder (cardamom powder)
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 2 tbsp Almonds
- 2 tbsp Pistachios
- Take the besan in a wide bowl.
- Heat ½ cup ghee and put it into the besan.
- Mix well till the besan looks like bread crumbs.
- Now take a kadhai and heat the remaining ghee.
- Pour the besan mixed with ghee into it.
- Keep stirring till the entire mixture turns golden brown.
- Now add the grated khoya and elaichi powder.
- Sauté for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Now remove it from the stove and allow it to cool.
- Heat water in a separate pan and add sugar to it.
- Simmer for 10 minutes and then add milk into it.
- A grey layer forms on top of this syrup. Remove this with the help of a slotted spoon.
- The syrup is done when it reaches one string consistency.
- Now pour this hot syrup in the already made gram flour mixture and mix well.
- Take a plate and grease it with oil.
- Put the sugar syrup and gram flour mixture on the plate and spread evenly.
- Spread the chopped almonds and pistachios over it.
- Now leave it to set for 4 to 5 hours.
- Cut into small pieces the way you like.
- Dilkushar is ready to serve.