- 3 Drumsticks
- 3 Tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 Onion (finely chopped)
- ¼ tsp Cumin Seeds (jeera)
- ¼ tsp Mustard Seeds
- 6-8 Curry Leaves
- ½ tsp Chilli Powder
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp Turmeric (haldi) Powder
- ¼ cup Coconut (grated)
- 2 cloves of Garlic (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Ginger (chopped)
- 2 tsp Cilantro Paste
- Wash the drumsticks and scrap them lightly with a peeler. Now cut them into small finger length pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan and add to it curry leaves, mustard and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds start spluttering, add onions. Saute till the onions turn pink and then add chopped garlic and ginger.
- Saute for a few minutes and then add the chopped tomatoes.
- Now put half cup of water and cover the pan. Cook till the tomatoes soften and turn into a juicy mush.
- Then add the drumstick pieces along with grated coconut and cilantro paste, haldi powder, red chilli powder, salt and 2 small cups of water.
- Mix well and cover the pan. Cook for about 20 to 25 minutes till the drumstick pieces become tender.
- Serve hot Drumstick Curry with steamed rice.