- 1 ½ cups Split Red Lentils (masoor dal)
- 1 cup Fresh Spinach (chopped)
- ½ cup Methi Leaves (chopped)
- ½ cup Coriander Leaves (chopped)
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 1 Tomato (chopped)
- 6 Garlic Cloves
- 4 Green Chillies
- ½ tsp Ginger (chopped)
- 2 tsp Mango Powder (amchur)
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds (jeera)
- ½ tsp Haldi (turmeric) Powder
- 3 tbsp Ghee
- Salt to taste
- Blend garlic cloves, green chillies and ginger into a fine paste and keep it aside.
- Take the methi leaves, coriander and spinach in a pan and boil them together with water.
- Strain out the remaining water and keep the boiled leaves aside.
- Now boil the masoor dal with two cups of water in a separate vessel.
- Heat the oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds to the heated ghee.
- When the seeds crackle, add the chopped onion.
- Saute for 2 minutes. Then add the already prepared garlic, ginger and chilli paste and saute for a while.
- Now add the cooked dal, boiled leaves, chopped tomatoes, chilli powder, turmeric powder, amchur and salt.
- Cook for a few minutes and then remove from the stove.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and serve hot Hariyali Dal with parathas or steamed rice.