- For Kala Jamuns
- 2 cups Khoya, grated
- 5 tbsp Plain Flour
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 2 tbsp Sugar
For Sugar Syrup
- 3 cups Sugar
- Few Saffron Strands (optional)
- To make the sugar syrup, combine sugar and a litre of water in a large bowl and bring it to a boil.
- Once boiled, lower the flame and simmer it until the syrup is 1 string consistency.
- Add saffron and keep the syrup warm.
- In a separate bowl, combine khoya, plain flour, cardamom powder and sugar. Mix well and knead into firm dough, without using any water.
- Now, make small round balls. Make sure that the surface of the bowls have no cracks, else the jamuns would crack while frying.
- Deep fry the jamuns over medium flame, until they get dark brown color.
- Drain them and immerse in the warm sugar syrup for about 30 minutes. Kala jamuns are ready to be gorged upon!!