- ½ cup Chana Dal
- ¼ cup Onions, chopped
- ½ tsp Green Chilli Paste
- ½ tsp Ginger Paste
- ½ tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 5 to 6 Cloves-Garlic
- ½ tsp Aniseeds
- 1 tsp Coriander Seeds, roasted and powdered
- Salt to taste
- Oil (as required)
- Soak the chana dal overnight in water.
- Blend the soaked dal with garlic, ginger and green chilli into a fine paste.
- Add to this chilli powder, onions, coriander powder, aniseeds and salt. Mix properly.
- Take small portion of the paste and give it the shape of a vada.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the vada till it turns light brown.
- Now, cut this vada into two equal halves and again deep fry til it turns brown.
- Serve Kalmi Vadas with chutney or ketchup!!