- 1-1/2 cups Rice, washed and soaked
- 1 cup Green Double Beans (Surti Papdi)
- 2 Cloves
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- Salt to taste
- ½ cup Coriander Leaves
- I tsp Ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 3 Green Chilies
- ¼ cup Green Garlic
- Make a fine paste of coriander leaves, ginger, garlic and green chilies. Add lemon juice to this paste
- Heat ghee in a pan and add cloves and cinnamon to it. Now add rice and mix it well by stirring.
- Add boiled beans, freshly prepared paste, salt and four cups of warm water into the rice. Mix well the entire content.
- Transfer this mixture into an earthen pot.
- Place the earthen pot for 30 minutes in a preheated oven at about 200º C /400° F.
- Take out the pot and serve the hot and spicy Lilva Rice with kadi.