- 1 cup Sprouted Matki (Moath)
- 1 cup Long Grained Rice, soaked
- 1 Tomato, chopped
- 2 tbsp Coriander Leaves, finely chopped
- 1 Green Chili, finely chopped
- 4 Spring Onions, chopped
- ½ Capsicum, chopped
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Ginger, grated
- 2 Cloves (Laung)
- A pinch of Asafoetida (Hing)
- Salt to taste
- Oil (as required)
- Soak the matki seeds in water for about 6 to 8 hours. Then, take out the seeds and tie them in a thin muslin cloth. The seeds will sprout in around 24 to 28 hours.
- In the meanwhile, cook the rice and keep it aside.
- Now, take a pan and heat 2 tablespoon of oil in it. Add cloves and a pinch of hing in it and sauté for some time.
- Then, add the spring onions, green chillies, capsicum and chopped ginger. Sauté for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Now, add chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and the matki. Mix well.
- Add cooked rice and mix properly.
- Garnish the rice with fresh coriander and chopped tomatoes.
- Enjoy hot Matki Pulao with curd or raita.