- 8 Moong-dal Papad, broken into small pieces
- 1/4 cup Fenugreek Seeds (Methi Dana)
- 4 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 2 inch Cinnamon Stick
- 4-5 Whole Dry Red Chilies, broken
- A pinch of Asafoetida (Hing)
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 3-4 Kokum Petals
- 1 1/2 tbsp Jaggery (Gur), grated
- 2 tbsp Fresh Coriander Leaves, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Water (as required)
- Soak the methi seeds in 2 cups of hot water for about two hours. Drain the water and pressure cook the seeds with 2 cups of water and salt to taste. About 3 whistles would be enough.
- Clean the cooked seeds in running water, to remove any bitterness left.
- Now, in a separate pan, heat oil. Add mustard seeds, cinnamon and broken red chilies. Sauté for about a few seconds.
- Add asafetida, turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chili powder, cooked methi dana and stir. In it, put in 2 to 3 cups of water and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Add salt, kokum and jaggery to the pan and further simmer for about three to four minutes.
- Now, add the broken pieces of papad. Simmer the content for about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves. Methi Papad Sabzi is ready to be served!!