Mooli Moong Dal
- ½ cup Moong Dal
- 1 cup White Radish (Mooli)
- ½ tsp Chili Powder
- A pinch of Asafetida (Hing)
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Ginger Paste
- 1 tsp Green Chili Paste
- ¼ tsp Cumin Seeds
- 2 Cloves (Laung)
- 1 Bay Leaf (Tej Patta)
- 2-3 fresh Coriander Leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- 2 cups Water
- First peel the radish and wash it properly. Dice it to form small pieces.
- Now, in a pressure cooker, heat oil. Add bay leaves, cloves and cumin seeds into it.
- When the cumin seeds crackle, add a pinch of hing, ginger paste and green chili paste. Sauté the mixture for a while.
- Now, add moong dal, diced radish and chilli powder and mix well. Add water, salt and pressure cook the entire content for 2 whistles.
- Pour out the dal in a bowl and garnish with chopped fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with steamed rice or rotis.