Mushroom Kathi Roll
- For Mushroom Mixture
- 2 cups Mushroom (finely chopped)
- 1 Onion (finely chopped)
- 2 Tomatoes (finely chopped)
- 3 Garlic Cloves (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp Ginger, grated
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 3 tsp Dried Fenugreek Leaves (Kasuri Methi)
- ¼ cup Coriander Leaves, chopped
- ¼ cup Tomato Puree
- 2 tbsp Cream
- ¼ tsp Sugar
- 2 tsp Pav Bhaji Masala
- Oil (as required)
- Ghee/butter (as required)
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup Plain Flour
- ½ tbsp Corn Flour
- ¼ tsp Soda bi-carb
- 1/2 tsp Butter
- A pinch of Salt
- Take 1 cup of plain flour in a bowl. Add to it a pinch of salt, butter, and corn flour and soda bi-carb.
- Knead the mixture into soft dough by adding water. Cover the dough with a wet muslin cloth and keep it aside for half an hour.
- In the meanwhile, take a pan and heat oil in it. Add to it chopped onions, garlic and ginger. Sauté till the onions turn golden.
- Add tomatoes and sauté for a few minutes. Now, put the kasuri methi, pav bhaji masala, and cumin and coriander powder. Sauté further and then add the tomato puree.
- Cook for some time and then add the mushrooms.
- Sprinkle salt and mix well all the ingredients. Cook till the mushrooms get properly cooked.
- Add the cream, chopped coriander, sugar and mix well. Remove from the stove and keep it aside.
- Now, take a small portion of the dough and roll it giving a round shape. Make it as thin as possible.
- Cook each side of the roti lightly on a tawa by applying a little ghee.
- Now, fill the roti with enough of mushroom mixture. Roll it into a Swiss roll.
- Cut the rolls into small pieces and serve hot.
- Repeat the process with rest of the rotis.