- ¼ cup Black Lentils (Urad Dal), soaked overnight
- 1 tsp Ginger, chopped
- 1 Green Chili, chopped
- Salt to taste
- A pinch of Soda bi-carb
- Oil (as required)
- ¾ cup Spring Onions (chopped)
- ¾ cups Moong Sprouts, boiled
- 2 tbsp Coriander, chopped
- 1 cup Curd
- ½ cup Green Chutney
- ½ cup Kahjur Imli Chutney
- For the pakodas, grind ginger, green chilies, soaked and drained urad dal and salt in a mixer, with little water. Make a coarse paste.
- Now, add to the paste soda-bi-carb and mix well to make a light and fluffy batter.
- Fry spoonfuls of this batter in hot oil. Make sure you fry over low heat, until the pakodas turn golden brown.
- Put these pakodas in water for about 45 minutes to make them soft.
- Take a serving plate and put 4 to 5 pakodas in the plate after squeezing them, so that there is no water left.
- Pour blended curd, little green chutney and sweet chutney over it.
- Sprinkle salt, boiled moong dal sprouts and spring onions.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and enjoy hot Pakodi Chaat.