- 1 kg Chicken
- 2 bunches Palak, chopped
- 2 Tomatoes, chopped
- 2 Onions, chopped
- 2 Green Chilies, chopped
- 10 Cloves Garlic
- 2 tbsp Ginger, chopped
- 1 tbsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Pepper Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- Salt to taste
- 4-6 tbsp Ghee/oil
- 100 gm Fresh Cream
- First boil water in a pan. Once boiled, add chopped palak. Simmer for 5 minutes and then strain out the left water. Set the boiled palak aside to cool.
- Once cooled, blend the palak into a smooth paste.
- Separately grind onions, ginger, garlic, green chillies and tomatoes to make a fine masala paste.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the masala paste. Sauté till the masala turns brown.
- Now, add pepper powder, cumin seed powder, garam masala powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt to it. Cook the mixture for 10 minutes.
- Now, add the palak paste and mix well. Cook for 10 more minutes.
- Add chicken and mix well. Cook for 20 to 30 minutes by covering the vessel with a lid.
- Remove from the heat when chicken pieces are fully cooked.
- Garnish with fresh cream and serve hot chicken curry with steamed rice or rotis.