- 1 cup Palak, chopped
- 1 cup Rice
- 2 Onions, chopped
- 3 Green Chilies
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Black Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 2 Cloves (Laung)
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Take water in a pan and bring it to boil. Put the spinach and simmer for five minutes.
- Strain the water and blend the boiled palak with green chillies into a fine paste.
- Now, heat oil in a pressure cooker. Add bay leaves, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, cloves and pepper in the heated oil.
- Add onions and sauté till they turn translucent. Add the palak and chilli paste. Sauté for 2 more minutes.
- Add to the mixture, rice and salt. Mix well. Now, put 2 cups of water and pressure cook. Remove from the heat after 2 whistles.
- Sprinkle lemon juice over the cooked Palak rice and serve hot.