Subzi Ka Salan
- ½ cup French Beans (chopped)
- ½ cup Carrots (chopped)
- ½ cup Cauliflower (chopped)
- ½ cup Potatoes (chopped)
- ¼ cup Green Peas
- 1 cup Coconut (grated)
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 2 Green Chillies (finely chopped)
- ½ tsp Haldi (turmeric) Powder
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1 cup Curd
- 3 Cloves (laung)
- 3 Black Peppercorn
- 1 Nutmeg
- 3 Cardamoms
- Mix 3 cloves, peppercorns, cardamom and nutmeg and grind them to make a dry powder. Keep this powder aside.
- Blend the grated coconut in a blender with 2-1/2 cups of water.
- Strain out the coconut milk in a separate container.
- Now boil the tomatoes in water for about 10 minutes.
- Put the boiled tomatoes in the mixer and make a fine puree.
- Boil the chopped vegetables (carrot, French beans, cauliflower, potatoes and green peas) in a separate bowl.
- Now take a pan and heat 2 tablespoons of oil in it.
- Add onion into the heated oil. Saute till the onion becomes golden brown.
- Add to this green chillies and haldi and chilli powder mixed with little water.
- Add the freshly prepared tomato puree and 1 cup curd.
- Mix well and then pour out the boiled vegetables.
- Saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Now add the coconut milk and let the vegetables simmer.
- Add salt and mix well.
- Sprinkle the dry powder and again cook for few minutes.
- Serve hot Subzi ka Salan with rotis or rice.